Subject: Re: linking with nov. snapshot
To: None <graphix@iastate.edu>
From: Eric <eric@lancelot.cif.rochester.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/18/1996 02:40:19
I posted about the same problem a while back and nobody answered.
However, if you grab the snapshot from the 1.2 distribution instead of
the november one, you can at least link stuff with it. Even building a
kernel will work. But no shared lib stuff. I don't know the current
status of the shared library code, actually. It looks like someone has
at least made an attempt judging by the fact that the error messages
seem to want things compiled with -fPIC, but other than that I have no
idea. I wasn't able to verify whether the object files in the archives are
actually compiled -fPIC or not. Whomever it was that put the november
snapshot on there might want to speak up, if you're still around.

According to graphix@iastate.edu: