Subject: linking with nov. snapshot
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <graphix@iastate.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/17/1996 22:14:49
  Recently I got the snapshot from november installed after much hardware
failure... now when I trhy to link I get errors simular to:

ld: write.o: needs all files compiled with -fPIC
ld: write.o: uses different e_flags (0x0) fields than previous modules (0x3)
ld: read.o: needs all files compiled with -fPIC
ld: read.o: uses different e_flags (0x0) fields than previous modules (0x3)
ld: ioctl.o: needs all files compiled with -fPIC
ld: ioctl.o: uses different e_flags (0x0) fields than previous modules (0x3)

  For everything that I have tried to compile.  Any suggestion as to get around
this would be greatly appreciated.

  Thanks.