Subject: xdm under NetBSD 1.2 - /usr/X11R6.1/bin/X missing...
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Rusek <rusek@alpha.fdu.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/16/1996 23:03:03
I have been struggling with this for the past three weeks.  With alot
of help from everyone, after installing Manuel Bouyer's shared library
binaries, I got X11R6.1 to build fully this past weekend.

xfs works just fine.  When I try to get xdm to work it turns out that
it is trying to execute /usr/X11R6.1/bin/X.  The only problem is that
/usr/X11R6.1/bin/X does not exist.  Everything compiled and installed
without problems.  Did I just miss a step?  How do I build X (Xdec) ?
I know that it is located in xc/programs/Xserver.

Thank you in advance.
---
Robert Rusek
Systems Network Analyst
Farleigh Dickinson University
rusek@fdu.edu / RobRusek@aol.com
Thought for the day:
    Bagpipes (n): an octopus wearing a kilt.