Subject: re: Shared libs problems
To: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/11/1996 18:11:36
Simon Burge writes:

>I thought it was about time to have a look at the shared lib stuff.

I'd get the very latest sys/kern/exec_elf32.c. It's changed several
times since the 1.2 release.  The way Linux i386 elf executables
work, and the way  NetBSD ELF executables work isn't quite compatible.
The NetBSD CVS (and e-mail) server is down right now so I can't
verify exactly which exec_elf32.c works with mips shared  libraries,
and which don't.

Otherwise, ldconfig is statically linked and _should_ work,
but it requires lots of symlinks in /usr/lib, and may also require
ld.so to be in /usr/libexexec.

In summary, if you get the latest exec_elf32.c, build a new kernel,
and install the snapshot (and an crtn.o compiled from an empty .c file),
then things should Just Work.

--Jonathan