Subject: Re: several stupid DECstation questions
To: Mats O Jansson <maja@celsiustech.se>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/02/1996 00:27:27
>I tried to use vt100 and xterm, but it wasn't perfect. I looked in the source
>and found that if you are using rcons it's emulates a sun console. So on my
>DS5000/20 I'm using sun as terminal type and add a stty rows 52 to get it
>working correctly.

That's right; rcons came from the NetBSD Sun3/sparc ports.

The kernel framebuffer code already tracks the height and size of the
framebuffer-glass-tty, it's just not writing it to the pty's ttysize.

If someone wanted to fix the tty size (so stty size just DTRT
on a console), that would be nice too....