Subject: Which 5000/200 video cards can I use?
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jamie Gritton <gritton@et.byu.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/18/1996 08:46:53
   The main thing that's stopped me from installing NetBSD in my
5000/200 is the news that the 3D video cards aren't supported.  I have
the 3D cards labelled PMAG-D and PMAG-E that I'd like to be able to
use.  There are two ways around this:

1.  What cards are supported.  Someone offered to sell me a PMAG-B or
a PMAG-J.  I looked at a PMAG-B, which is evidently supported, but the
scan rate didn't match the monitor that I use with my PMAG-D (it's a
very nice monitor and much of the reason I bought the computer).  How
about the PMAG-J.  I don't have access to one of those to examine, and
I only know it's 24-bit but not 3D.  Is it supported?  Anyone know if
it's compatible monitor-wise with the PMAG-D (1280x1024 @ 72Hz I
think)?

2.  Supporting the 3D cards.  What would this take?  Do we lack specs
for these?  How did we get specs for the ones that are supported?  One
idea I had was making a wrapper for the Ultrix object file for the
device, then linking both in, which would suffice for anyone with an
Ultrix license.

- James Gritton
  gritton@byu.edu