Subject: Re: Shared-library snapshot on ftp.netbsd.org
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/17/1996 16:47:53
On Sun, 17 Nov 1996, Jonathan Stone wrote:

..
.. I'm just about to put a a release-format snapshot of
.. 	base.tar.gz
.. 	comp.tar.gz
Thanks alot !

.. The comp.tar.gz contains binutils-2.7 and gcc configured and built
.. for shared libraries.
Have binutils and/or gcc been modified from their FSF releases to
do this ?

Secondly:
Will it be appropriate to introduce binutils 2.7 as /usr/src/gnu/binutils?
I have two reasons for proposing this:
1. NetBSD/pmax can be built completely from sources in /usr/src.
2. All ports may simultaneously or one at a time be updated to use the
   newer versions of these tools than the current (and rather ancient)
   versions. This parallels the situations when we had
   /usr/gnu/usr.bin/{gcc,gcc2}.

- Erik Bertelsen