Subject: Newbie install of 1.2 to a Maxine
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon Greaves <S.J.Greaves@hw.ac.uk>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/23/1996 18:36:15
Hi,

I've just installed NetBSD-1.2 on a maxine, everything looks good except I
don't have a kernel. This is a fresh install, I downloaded all the
NetBSD-1.2 stuff from a local archive, put it onto a NFS server, used an
extra disk and an Ultrix helper to build a miniroot, moved that disk to
the Maxine and used it to boot, labelled and newfs'd the maxines own disk,
mounted it, NFS mounted the tarballs, extracted them (gunzip -c
/path/to/tarball.gz | tar xpf -) and all looks good, _except_ no netbsd
file.

I tried copying in the miniroot kernel, but it doesn't work (no surprise
there), so, where do I get a one? Should I build one whilst in the
miniroot? Should I use the miniroot kernel & pass an arg or two to it?

ANy help/comments would be much appreciated. Please mail me direct as I am
not (yet) a member of this mailing list, and apologies if this is covering
old ground...

Thanks,

Simon
--
Simon Greaves					email:	S.J.Greaves@hw.ac.uk
Systems development manager			phone:	+44 (0) 131 451 3265