Subject: Maxine installation
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Aaron Toney <toney@nwnet.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/30/1996 09:46:49
	I have been attempting to get netbsd installed on some
personal decstation 5000/25s. Using a decstation running ultrix 4.3 I
have been able to successfully dd miniroot onto the scsi device. My
problem is that it does not appear to be recognizing the boot blocks.

	From the ROM monitor when I try 'boot 3/rz3c netbsd' you can hear it
accessing the drive and then it gives me an error about not being able to
boot that device. I was using the directions straight from the pmax
installation guide. However I have a question.

QUESTION: I seem to remember something floating past this list a couple
          of months ago about the installation guides flags to dd being
          incorrect. Is this the case? I was trying:

             'dd if=miniroot of=/dev/rz3c seek=16'