Subject: Re: Should I Accept a DS5000?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@ensta.fr>
From: Shayde <shevett@email.njin.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/28/1996 17:15:48
> The most important problem I had on my 5000/200 was to install NetBSD.
> Now there is a diskless boot procedure, this should be easier.

I've been rummaging around for the diskless boot procedure, and saw
the one from March, where it specifically says "this won't work from
a DS5000/25."  (3 guesses to guess which machine I have).  The more
annoying thing is my current Ultrix load on the machine has stopped
working. :(

Anyone in the Boston area mind me coming over with a SCSI drive and
snarfing a system off them?  :)

Or... anyone feel like doing it for me?  I'll mail the drive out
and the like.  Even drop $20 in the box for the job. :)

\ Shayde - Dave Shevett |-----------------------|  The Homeport Collective  \
/  shevett@pobox.com    | between two puns is a |   DoD #1894 - '79 GS850   /