Subject: Problems with video.
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@jake.csh.rit.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/25/1996 13:01:58
I have a DS 3100 that I'm trying to get NetBSD/pmax running on, I've installed
the miniroot, and it boots fine. The problem is: I can't read anything. After
it says -> Boot: rz(0,0,0)netbsd (i think) the entire screen goes reverse video,
and OCCASIONALLY there is a readable character. I _CAN_ see a '#' prompt, though
.

It's a 3100 (Monochrome), and we've tried attaching it to a variety of displays,
which either don't sync, or have the same result.

Note: I don't have a monochrome display that sync with it, so we've tried using
a few color displays with it. Now here's the kicker, it works perfectly fine in
Ultrix. Is the Monochrome video not supported in the miniroot?

I've also tried using the same miniroot on a DS5k/125 using a PMAG B, a PMAGB-B
(the 119MHz version), and a PMAG E. After it reaches "Starting at 0xhexaddress"
it just hangs. Is this a problem with the video support for the 100-series?

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks,
Jeff Mahoney
jeffm@mail.csh.rit.edu