Subject: 5k/25: Mouse + X...And SCSI problems...
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Adam Fritzler <afritz@starlink.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/24/1996 01:53:20
Hi,

I am trying to get Arne Juul's X11R5 Xcfbpmax server to work a 5k/25, and it
fails with:

        can't open /dev/mouse!
        No screens found!

I have made a link between /dev/xcfb0 and /dev/mouse like the /dev/MAKEDEV
script says to, and it still doesn't work!

Are the major and minor numbers of 14 and 0, respec., still correct for xcfb0?

Has anyone used X on these machines with NetBSD???

Probably some stupid thing I overlooked...

And, when I boot netbsd on this machine, after it gets done listing SCSI
devices with id's 2 (a 400mb HP hard drive) and 3 (a DEC rz26 1gb), I get
the following:

        asc0 tgt x status xx ssc4 ir20 cond x:xx msg xx resid 0

        (The x's are the numbers that changed between each line)

It does this a few times for target 2 (the HP) and many more times for
target 3 (the DEC), then reboots (into Ultrix).  I halt Ultrix and boot
netbsd, and it boots just fine.  Any solution??

Thanks,
Adam Fritzler
afritz@starlink.com