Subject: Re: NetBSD on a 5000/133?
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/21/1996 00:41:53
On Thu, 20 Jun 1996 09:37:36 -0400  Chris G Demetriou wrote:

> > Simon Burge reports that a 1.2-Alpha kernel, as of today's sup source,
> > doesn't boot on a 5000/133.  Thinking about it, I'm sure I've
> > haerd of NetbSD booting successfullly on slower-clocked 500/1xxs
> > models, but  I can't recall a /133.
>
> What do you mean "doesn't boot?"
>
> As in, the kernels don't work, or the boot blocks don't work.

The boot blocks seem fine.  The kernel is loaded, but seems to hang
straight after the "Starting at ...." message.  A printf at the top on
consinit (pretty much the first thing to be executed from main()) fails
to appear, yet the same kernel works fine on a /240 (and at least to
the lance configuration stane on a 3100).

Simon.