Subject: Kernel compiling...
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Adam Fritzler <afritz@starlink.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/18/1996 20:20:08
	I have a 5k/25 DECstation:  I've gotten NetBSD/pmax running all the way
into multiuser mode.  I used a miniroot and bootblocks from gregorio, and
the new (a few days ago) binary snapshots off of ftp.netbsd.org (base, comp,
text, etc...).  I also sup'ed the kernel sources, and gcc came in
comp.tar.gz.  Can NetBSD/pmax compile its own kernel, or do I have to
compile it under Ultrix???  Now for the stupid question:  If I can compile a
kernel under NetBSD, where does it expect the kernel to be found in the
filesystem??? Off sup, I have a directory that has the directories doc,
othersrc, and src under it.  Where do I put this directory??? /usr/src?
integrate into /usr??

I am quite new to BSD's -- I'm used to Linux/i386 :)

Thanx in advance,
Adam Fritzler
afritz@starlink.com