Subject: Re: Getting Netbsd to run on a DS500/200
To: None <H.E.J.vandenBussche@siep.shell.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@lix.polytechnique.fr>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/11/1996 11:19:54
H.E.J.vandenBussche@siep.shell.com said:

> Hi All!
>
> Got myself a DS5000/200 w/ 64Mb mem, a PXG (PMAG-DA) video card, VRT19
> monitor and a bunch of RZ55's. I went thru the www pages and the FAQ
> and I already downloaded the miniroot and the disklabel program.
> I could not find the bootrz and rzboot files mentioned in the
> Installation Guide for pmax. Are they still needed or is there an other
> way to get the bootblocks on disk?

They are still needed if you follow the Installation Guide. But you can also
try the miniroot I've made abailable at
ftp://lix.polytechnique.fr/pub/NetBSD/pmax, which contain the boot blocks
and miniroot. To install, just do 'dd if=miniroot.manu' of=/dev/rrz?c,
and then you should be able to reboot from this disk.

--
Manuel Bouyer, LIX, Ecole Polytechnique
email: bouyer@lix.polytechnique.fr