Subject: Re: 5000/200 filesystem hang
To: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/08/1996 17:23:39
On Fri, 7 Jun 1996 09:03:13 -0600  Michael L. Hitch wrote:

> [ Discussion on asc_intr panics deleted ... ]

I still see these every now and then on my /240 booting of an RZ26,
which is a reasonably fast disk.  This has been my prime motivation for
booting my machine diskless.  I know it's not really solving the
problem though...

I've got a few occurances of these panics in my messages file if that's
going to help you.  It seems easy enough to reproduce - dd'ing with a
large block size will do it quite often.

There was talk (long ago) of moving to the MI SCSI driver, but I can't
remember what ever happened to that.  Ted, Jonathan?

Simon.