Subject: booting from tftp hassles.
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/31/1996 13:51:59
I've just got a -current kernel compiled and working OK if I boot it
from disk, but I'm getting a few hassles when I boot by tftp.  This is
on a 5k/240 BTW.

I get the usual tftp load messages, but after the kernel is loaded, I
get the following error:

	?IO: 3/tftp, a.out (-5)

and back to the >> prompt.  Now, this is where my memory is starting to
fail.  Last time I made a tftp'able kernel, I _think_ I ran elf2ecoff
on netbsd.elf in the compile directory, and I've got the resultant file
in my bootptab.  Certainly file(1) says that my old (working) kernel
and my new kernel are both the same type (a mipsel executable).

At the moment, the a.out part of the error message is throwing me a
bit.

Any ideas anyone?

Simon.