Subject: Re: 1.1 current if_le.c compile problem
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/28/1996 13:14:43
On Mon, 27 May 1996 15:44:11 -0700  Jonathan Stone wrote:

> I suspect you need to re-run config to rebuild your kernel
> Makefile.  The TC if_le.c has been redone to better support LANCE
> devices, on different kinds of busses and boards configured into
> a single kernel (e.g., kernels for Alphas,  configured with all of
> IOCTL asic, TC, and ISA/EISA lance interfaces).
>
> If your kernel is configured to support a 3100 baseboard Ethernet
> interface, You should end up compiling if_le_ibus.c, which has a
> suitable function; only now it's called something else.
>
> I'm told there are still bugs in the  -current kernel, particularly
> in the RTC driver, which will cause it to not configure the clock properly,
> and therefore to not boot on a TC or IOASIC machine.

After modifying files.pmax (as per Michael Hitch's patch), I can
compile a kernel, but it hangs after printing:

	init: copying out flags `-s' 3

I've not had time to look at this any further...  This is on a
5000/240.

To compile I also had to fix a few sccvar.h/sccreg.h hassles in
pmax/pmax/machdep.c and pmax/tc/scc.c, and a one line change in
pmax/tc/tc_subr.c.  Do you want the changes?

Simon.