Subject: Re: Dual displays on a MAXINE
To: David Conran <lucifer@dstc.edu.au>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@fugue.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/27/1996 18:36:39
The NetBSD code that figures out which frame buffer to use as the
console is set up to pretend that the XCFB isn't there if there's
*any* other frame buffer installed.   There's currently no way around
this other than hacking the source - probably in cpu_cons.c or
something, but I can't remember for sure.

BTW, it shouldn't be that hard to get the TX frame buffer driver going
on X11R6 - my recollection is that the TX is just a 24-bit dumb frame
buffer (that's why it's so bleedin' slow).   It might have SFB
capability, but that wouldn't be taken advantage of.

			       _MelloN_