Subject: re: 1.1 current if_le.c compile problem
To: Yoseff francus <francus@yossi.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/27/1996 15:44:11
hi,

I suspect you need to re-run config to rebuild your kernel
Makefile.  The TC if_le.c has been redone to better support LANCE
devices, on different kinds of busses and boards configured into
a single kernel (e.g., kernels for Alphas,  configured with all of
IOCTL asic, TC, and ISA/EISA lance interfaces).

If your kernel is configured to support a 3100 baseboard Ethernet
interface, You should end up compiling if_le_ibus.c, which has a
suitable function; only now it's called something else.

I'm told there are still bugs in the  -current kernel, particularly
in the RTC driver, which will cause it to not configure the clock properly,
and therefore to not boot on a TC or IOASIC machine.

--Jonathan