Subject: Re: Decstation 5400
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@fugue.com>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zappa.unna.Ping.DE>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/30/1996 22:09:44
In message <199604270052.RAA22998@toccata.fugue.com>you write:

> > 	Someone has offered me one of these beasts - are there any plans
> > 	to port NetBSD to them?
>
> No, but you could be the first!   You may be able to steal some
> drivers from the VAX port, and of course the CPU support is already
> there.   Definitely not plug and play, though...

Yes.
Having had no luck getting it to boot NetBSD, I am considering trading in mine
for a SS 5/110, which will lower the cost for that beast ~1300 $.  You can
have my QBUS SCSI-Adapter for a nominal fee if I can collect the 6500 $ rest
:-( for the SS5.

Gruesse
       Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.