Subject: Re: a question or two
To: Set <set@kickapoo.catd.iastate.edu>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@fugue.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/13/1996 10:33:26
> I have some incomplete 2100/3100's. I am wondering if I can use just
> any old or new scsi disk, and what kind of mouse is required; can I lay
> my hands on a used puck mouse reasonable, or will a standard mouse of some
> sort work?

You need a DEC mouse - I don't know what protocol they speak.   On the
other hand, you could hack your X server to talk to a different kind
of mouse, so that's not a hard and fast requirement.   You do need a
DEC keyboard, though.

> Also, is it currently possble to netboot?

Yes, but you need to run elf2ecoff on your kernel before trying to
boot it, and you need to set it up to mount its root with NFS, which I
don't know how to do offhand (sorry).

			       _MelloN_