Subject: pica problems?
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/21/1996 23:09:52
I'm grabbing the latest sources from sup.NetBSD.ORG and have hit a
minor problem.  I'm trying to grab the pica kernel stuff (and I
suppose the mips as well), yet even though they are under arch/pica
and arch/mips, I can't get the ksrc-mips and ksrc-pica collections via
sup (and the ksrc-pmax collection does not appear to include the
arch/pica and arch/mips directories).

I've done the next best thing, which is to sup ksrc-common and then
FTP the arch/mips and arch/pica trees over from ftp.netbsd.org (hoping
that they don't change much these days).

Is this an oversite?  Or have I stumbled into the PICA/MIPS
integration that has only been partially completed and will settle
down shortly.

Finally, what ever happened to the idea of having a port-mips and
port-pica mailing lists?

What do I have?  I have a Deskstation rPC44 which has no chance of
working with the PICA port as it is today, but just might have a
chance with a few changes here and there.  If I'm lucky, the todo file
is out of date when it says ISA isn't working...  I don't think I'll
be lucky.

Warner