Subject: Re: Volunteer list?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@lix.polytechnique.fr>
From: Gord Matzigkeit <gord@enci.ucalgary.ca>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/14/1996 15:23:53
Hi!

MB> I can't work alone on shared libraries, because i don't have
MB> enoutgh knowledge/documentation about mips assembler and processes
MB> headers.  But if someone else has started working on it, i could
MB> help to test/debug.

That's my situation, too.

MB> For now i've installed the GNU binutils, and i am able to produce
MB> shared libraries using it.

I've installed a recent binutils, and I'm trying to compile a
gcc-2.7.2 so that it can produce pic code with the -fpic or -fPIC
flags.

Does anybody have specs file modifications so that these flags will
indeed turn on all the required cc1 switches (I think the only change
would be to gcc-2.7.2/config/mips/netbsd.h).

MB> But if i try to compile (statically) a
MB> simple 'hello world', it coredumps.  Now what next ? I thing i need
MB> a ld.so and a crt0, is there one available yet ?

Recent GNU C library snapshots have an ELF ld.so and startup
files... I don't know exactly what needs to be done for that yet, but
I'll tell you (and the list) when I have more information.

Good luck,

--Gord

--
   Gord Matzigkeit    | Jaques Cousteau loved programming in assembler.
gord@enci.ucalgary.ca |  PGP mail preferred... finger -l me for my key.