Subject: scsi problem
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@lix.polytechnique.fr>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/14/1996 17:41:25
Here is my problem :
I've got 3 5000/200 and a 2100 running NetBSD (or supposed to).
I've 2 rz55 (300Mo) and 2 rz23 (100Mo) as boot disk.
The 5000's boot without problems on the rz55's, and the 2100 boot without
problem on the rz23's. But i can't get a 5000 boot on a rz23 :
the kernel is loaded, autoconfig run without problem, but then i get
random 'illegal instructions' or 'seg fault' on users programs. Sometimes
it starts /etc/rc, sometime i can't even start a single user shell.
When i can run fsck, in complains about blocks which can't be read.

I don't get any kernel messages.
The same disk run fine on the 2100, and the 5000 run fine with a rz55.

This sounds like a scsi problem, perhaps timing or something like this (The
2100 uses the sii driver, the 5000 the asc).  If I get me some help I could
try to debug ...

--
Manuel Bouyer, LIX, Ecole Polytechnique
email: bouyer@lix.polytechnique.fr