Subject: Re: Volunteer list?
To: None <gord@enci.ucalgary.ca>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@lix.polytechnique.fr>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/14/1996 16:34:55
Some time ago, Gord Matzigkeit said:

> SB> I'd add R4{4,0}00 support.  I haven't heard what Per's been up to
> SB> for a while.  I imagine we can lift a lot from the work he's done.
> SB> I've got a 5000/260 just waiting for NetBSD, and I'd like to think
> SB> I can help with this one.  Wasn't Per also working on shared libs?
>
> Per's modifications are now in the GNU binutils snapshots at:
>
> <ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/private/gas>

I can't work alone on shared libraries, because i don't have enoutgh
knowledge/documentation about mips assembler and processes headers.
But if someone else has started working on it, i could help to
test/debug.

For now i've installed the GNU binutils, and i am able to produce shared
libraries using it. But if i try to compile (statically) a simple
'hello world', it coredumps.
No what next ? I thing i need a ld.so and a crt0, is there one available yet ?

--
Manuel Bouyer, LIX, Ecole Polytechnique
email: bouyer@lix.polytechnique.fr