Subject: Re: Volunteer list?
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jamie Gritton <gritton@et.byu.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/12/1996 08:48:39
Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU> writes:

> 	4) better installation instructions
> 	6) more people contributing

   At least in my case, likely others, I could do (6) if someone could
do (4). Every time new installation instructions come out, I try them,
both to the letter and with some thought. It's never worked. I always
get an error loading the kernel on bootup. I'm able to boot ultrix
just fine on the disk, so I know the problem is software.
   Evidently I'm not alone among frustrated would-be pmax netBSD
users. The mailing list seems geared toward those you already have an
installed system. I've seen at least one directly hostile message
telling those of us who haven't been able to get a running system that
it's just because we're basically too stupid. Strangely, this message
was posted right before one that admitted a flaw in the installation
instructions and offered a revision (which BTW didn't work either).

- James Gritton
  gritton@byu.edu