Subject: Installing on a 3100/30
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robin Birch <robin@falstaf.demon.co.uk>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/08/1996 13:55:27
Dear All,
I am struggling a bit with the miniroot installation.  The configuration
is:
	3100/30
	2*RZ23
	1*1.3GByte Fujitsu

The RZ23s are units 2 and 3 respectivly on the SCSI bus, they came set
like this which appears to be the default.

I have ULTRIX 3.1 on DKA200 and the fuji drive.  I intend to put a miniroot
on DKA300 and then use this to set up DKA200 and so on.

I have labeled DKA300 using the disklabel program from ftp.netbsd.org and
the sample file suitably edited to look like an rz23.  I have then
dd'd the miniroot in as described in the docs.

Ok so far, no nasty error messages.  I then halted the system, went to the
monitor and started to look at rebooting with the miniroot.

Problem 1)  My 3100 doesn't understand the command setenv - I assume that
we are at the monitor level here?.

Problem 2) If I just go boot dka300, as I would for ultrix I get:

-DKA300
?43 FILESTRUCT, DKA300
84 FAIL

Suggestions please?.