Subject: RZ55 problem
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@lix.polytechnique.fr>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/27/1996 16:41:57
Hello,
i don't know if this is netbsd specific, so ...

I have here four 300M SCSI dec drives (RZ55). 3 of them work fine, the last
doesn't work under NetBSD/pmax. These drives don't spin up a power on, but at
probe time. The last one spins up normally (like the other) on my 5000/200,
but isn't detected (i'm using the old scsi probe).
It is detected correctly on a Sparc running NetBSD or SunOS.
On netbsd, it is detected after a "MSGIN failed; trying alt selection",
but works just fine (i've used it as boot disk on my sparc for some time).
The jumpers config of the four drives is exactly the same.

Any idea ?

--
Manuel Bouyer, LIX, Ecole Polytechnique
email: bouyer@lix.polytechnique.fr