Subject: Re: printf woes
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/26/1996 12:00:14
On Feb 18,  8:04pm, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> In case it's not clear, my hypothesis was that the new varargs.h and
> stdarg.h simply don't work on a  mips CPU.   I have not yet had
> time to rebuild a libc and verify that that's the case.  The libc
> I built on Feb.3, using current libc source and an old  stdarg.h
> and varargs.h, seems to work just fine.
>

> Diffs between the stdarg.h I'm using (1.7) and the current revision
> (1.10) follow.  Again, if someone could try this out, I'd appreciate
> it.  (I'm at an ISOC conference all of the coming week.)

This seems to have fixed the problem.  I'm only part way through a
"make build", but things with floating point printf's (like df and ps)
seem to work fine.  A small test program that I had (basically
"printf("%.5f\n", 123.0 / 1234.0);") now works as expected too.

I'm afraid that a quick glance at the diff didn't really seem to make
sense before my morning coffee :-)

Simon.