Subject: Re: interval vs external drives
To: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Ed Jones <ejones@sdl.psych.wright.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/25/1996 18:23:58
On Mon, 26 Feb 1996, Simon Burge wrote:
> What does "cnfg 3" show at the firmware (">>") prompt?  You should be
> able to see all of your disks here.  Sounds like a SCSI termination
> problem so far...

I dont think so, tho I could be wrong. cnfg 3 shows all the correct drives.
Like I said, it works under ultrix. And, the chain is terminated.
There is an external terminator on the external drive case and a terminator
on the end of the ribbon cable on the isode of the box. At least I'm
assuming that the black plastic box on the end of the ribbon is a
terminator. Also, termination on the external drives is turned off, relying
on external termination.

So, if there is a problem with my scsi chain, I don't know what else to
look at, or what other tests I can perform. Any ideas? :)
* Ed Jones --  System Dweeb           |     ejones@sdl.psych.wright.edu    *
* Signal Detection Lab                |     ejones@desire.wright.edu       *
* Department of Psychology            |     ejones@wsu  (Bitnet)           *
* Ed Jones -- Graduate Student        | This is your world in which we     *
* Department of Economics	      |	grow, and we will grow to hate you *
* Wright State University             |                                    *