Subject: UPDATE: proper way to shutdown
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ed Jones <ejones@sdl.psych.wright.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/24/1996 21:36:13
On Sat, 24 Feb 1996, Ed Jones wrote:

> Hi everyone. I'm back again. I just installed 1.1 on my 3MIN and have a
> question for ya. What is the proper way to shut the system down? Every
> time I:
> sync
> shutdown -h now
> the file systems get a little screwed up and I have to fsck them to repair
> the damage everytime I boot.
>
> Kudos to Arne for the great install guide. It worked for me w/o problem. :)

Update: this appears to only be a problem in single user mode. :)

* Ed Jones --  System Dweeb           |     ejones@sdl.psych.wright.edu    *
* Signal Detection Lab                |     ejones@desire.wright.edu       *
* Department of Psychology            |     ejones@wsu  (Bitnet)           *
* Ed Jones -- Graduate Student        | This is your world in which we     *
* Department of Economics	      |	grow, and we will grow to hate you *
* Wright State University             |                                    *