Subject: Re: What's broken in NetBSD/pmax ?
To: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
From: Per Fogelstrom <pefo@enea.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/16/1996 09:38:57

> It is my understanding from working on the Linux/MIPS project that the
> shared library support was a ways off and needed more work than just
> ld.so in glibc.  There were also boatloads of ld patches that needed
> to be made, or so I'm given to believe.

nope. what needs more work is some rare relocation cases not used when
using gcc. from what i can see from the output of the dump program the
stuff required in the objects are there..... what's missing is ld.so.

i'm currently restoring/recreating all stuff after a disk head crash.
they always come so unexpected :-(. but then my first priority is ld.so
since bsd now works great.

> Also Per has a R4000 based machine, which may require minor
> modifications to run on the R3000/R2000 DECstation machines, but maybe
> he's already done them...

there is no difference unless the compiler is invoked with any of the
mips3 or r4000 flags set. binaries created on my r4400 machine run on
r3000's and vice versa.