Subject: Re: What's broken in NetBSD/pmax ?
To: Gord Matzigkeit <gord@enci.ucalgary.ca>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@fugue.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/15/1996 13:09:46
> No... my mistake.  I meant PMAG-C.

The PMAG-C (2DA) will almost certainly never be supported.  The
interface is too arcane, and AFAIK documentation for it is not and
never will be available.  You'll either have to get SFBs for the
machines that have 2DAs, or run them headless as servers of some sort.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

> Is there any nice way to implement the Xws code so that we don't need
> to modify R6?  That's what I was really asking, and that's something I
> don't know how to begin doing.

There should be enough information in the X11R6 sources to cobble
together an Xws interface.   It will require a savvy person with some
free time to read the code and figure it out, though.

			       _MelloN_