Subject: Re: Installing pmax -- why not a diskless install?
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/15/1996 11:59:31
On Feb 12,  3:23pm, Andrew Gallatin wrote:

> I booted a 5k/120 (giotto) vi 'boot 3/tftp' It found & loaded its
> kernel from the alpha via bootp/tftp. It rarped, found its name, and
> got its root & swap file info via bootparam & then got some sort of
> RPC error when attempting to mount root from my machine & paniced.  I
> haven't explored this very deeply, but it looks like diskless installs
> should be possible.

While on this, has anyone had any success at all experimenting with
NetBSD booting diskless on a /240?  I just get some sort of trap error
when I type 'boot 3/tftp', and fall back to the monitor ROM.

After a quick look at a 5100 and /200, they seem to look tftp (at least
as far as not jumping back to the monitor ROM).

Simon.