Subject: Re: Gee.
To: None <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU, peterb@hoopoe.psc.edu>
From: Ben Cottrell <benco@ucsee.EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/14/1996 22:53:22
> Anyway, feedback from the users would be useful here, especially
> users who've installed NetBSD/pmax recently.

I've been following this debate with more than a little amusement. I
assume that "Arne's instructions" refers to the instructions on the
WWW page.

I used the instructions on the WWW page, and found them very helpful.
I had NO problems installing, and I followed the instructions exactly
in as much detail as they gave.

I'm not, however, clueless about the way filesystems are put together,
so I was able to fill in where the instructions didn't specify. I
assume that this lack of specification is why the instructions have been
so wrongly and blatantly maligned. It's not that they don't work, or
that the author screwed up--I have found them to be accurate in every
way. I'd call this a case of pilot error.

	-Ben