Subject: Re: Installing pmax on a dec3100
To: Robert R|dsten <robertr@fys.uio.no>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/11/1996 17:04:59
--------

I wrote:
>Rober R|dsten <robertr@fys.uio.no> writes:
>
>>I'm trying to install the pmax port to a dec3100. I got it without any
>>HD. Since I don't have a Ultrix system at hand I thought using a i386
>>NetBSD system would be the best solution labeling a new HD for the 3100.

[[lots of stuff about disklabel and NUMBOOT]]

Oh, blast.

Of course both i386 and pmax define NUMBOOT to be 2.  There's all
sorts of ``#ifdef i386'', MS-DOS partition-table specific code in
disklabel.c, and you definitely don't want *that* for a pmax.
I don't know if compiling on NetBSD/i386 with "cc -Ui386"
is sufficient.  You may also want some definitions from
the pmax-specific /usr/include/machine/disklabel.h file.

I think the overall gist of what I wrote has the right idea, though;
it's just all the  details that're wrong :)