Subject: problem booting a decstation 2100
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@lix.polytechnique.fr>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/06/1996 12:13:16
[Sorry if you receive this twice, seems to me that my previous mail
has been lost]

Hello,
i'm tring to install netbsd on a decstation 2100, and i've got some
problems. I follow the intructions found on the pmax page on
www.netbsd.org. The helper machine is the 2100 running Ultrix
(ULTRIX cypres.polytechnique.fr 4.3 0 RISC). I've not been able to
run the disklabel program found on ftp.netbsd.org, it seg-fault when trying
to  write the disklabel (seems that Ultrix's getdiskbyname(3) doens't return
the rigth format for disklabel, perhaps i'll try to port netbsd's one).
So i tried the 'dirty hack', since i've enouth different disks.
I dd'ed the bootrz, rzboot and miniroot from ftp.netbsd.org (I've extracted
bootrz and rzboot from the binary files) onto the raw part of the disk.

When trying booting the disk i get:
417 btblk fmt
470 bt err: rz(0,2,0)netbsd

Notice that i had to setenv bootpath instead of setenv boot as said in the
install page.
My prom says "KN01 V7.02"

Any ideas ?

--