Subject: None
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@lix.polytechnique.fr>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/05/1996 16:50:10
Hello,

I'm trying to boot NetBSD on a decstation 2100 (should be possible, according
to supported platforms page), and i've got some troubles. I try to make
a bootable disk from this station under Ultrix
(ULTRIX cypres.polytechnique.fr 4.3 0 RISC), following the instructions
from the pmax page of www.netbsd.org.  I can't disklabel the disk, the
disklabel for Ultrix i took from ftp.netbsd.org seg-fault when writing the
label (i think the getdiskbyname(3) function doen't return a valid
disklabel struct for the rest of the program).

So i've tried the 'dirty hack', and when booting from disk, i get
417 btblk fmt
417 bt err: rz(0,2,0)netbsd

Seems that the boot blocks aren't regonized. My prom says 'KN01 V7.02'.
I took the boot blocks from the 1.1 binary distrib.

Any idea ?

--
Manuel Bouyer, LIX, Ecole Polytechnique
email: bouyer@lix.polytechnique.fr