Subject: Re: "pmax autoconfig changes: please try out!" (Jan 29, 8:10pm)
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/31/1996 14:01:30
> Oops.  The <machine/ioasic_machdep.h> should be a reference to
> pmax/dev/tc/ioasicvar.h, at least until CGD and I can agree on putting
> suitable declarations in some machine-independent but
> TC/IOASIC-specific file.
>
> I think I forgot to commit an updated asc.c.  I'm not sure why sfb.c
> doesn't compile; it did for me.  I'll check that too.
>
> Thanks for finding and reporting those  gotcha's,

Ok, I've got a single line ioasic_machdep.h with

	#include "../../../pmax/tc/ioasicvar.h"

in it, and scc.c now compiles.  So far, so good...

During linking, both asc.c and sfb.c complain about BUS_MATCHNAME and
BUS_CVTADDR being undefined.  Also, clock.c can't find fixtick - is
this some artifact of the NTP PLL clock stuff?

My sources are up to date with what's on ftp.netbsd.org, but here's
the output of cksum just to make sure:

3445566704 8350 /sys/arch/pmax/dev/sfb.c
4196894207 12888 /sys/arch/pmax/pmax/clock.c
2316895183 58034 /sys/dev/tc/asc.c

Simon.