Subject: pmax autoconfig changes: please try out!
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/29/1996 20:10:34
hi,

Today I checked in some code I've been bashing on part-time for about
a month.  The Decstation TurboChannel drivers now use sys/dev/tc/tc.c
for autoconfiguration.  The old, ad-hoc TC autoconfiguration tables
have been changed to use  the TC bus-attach structure defined in
sys/dev/tc/tcvar.h.

I've tested that this boots on a 5k/200 and a 5k/240. A 3MIN is
very, very likely to boot, since the bus structure is in many
ways similar to the 5k/240 (3maxplus).

I've put a binary kernel on up ftp.dsg.stanford.edu in
~pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/snapshot/netbsd.  If people with a 5000/1xx
(3MIN), a 3100/2100 (pmax), or a 500/2X (MAXINE) could try booting
that kernel, please let me know whether it boots for you or not.

The snapshot kernel _should_ also fix the 3100 lance bug, but I don't
know if  it will boot properly. :)

I've also  committed these changes to the -current source tree,
so anyone wants will be able to sup them tomorrow.  By default,
the autoconfiguration code prints lots of debugging, so I can
learn something informative if the kernel fails to boot on a
particular machine :).

--Jonathan