Subject: Re: sfb configuration
To: None <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu, mellon@fugue.com>
From: Scott J. Kolodzieski <scott@dmi.stevens-tech.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/11/1996 17:04:42
Guys,

>It sounds like the X server is not correctly determining the size of
>the frame buffer.   Does the server log say anything about what size
>the server thinks it is?

I do beleive that this is correct, I grabbed a netbsdpmax.cf config file
from ftp.unit.no and grabbed the whole X11R5 distribution and associated
patches, hacked the source a bit, then built the world. I produced a Xcfbpmax
binary + all the clients. After digging in the source the cfb is hardcoded
to an 1024x864 resolution.

I am trying to force it to 1280x1024 and will try the sfb with X tommorow.

One more question for the experts... xload complains that it can't get
symbols from /vmunix. Making a hard link from /netbsd --> /vmunix did
not help. Any ideas? Also I was wondering where the /proc filesystem is.
I could not get mount_profs to work?

cheers,
scott