Subject: Re: Installation notes from NetBSD/pmax 1.1 on a DS5000/240
To: Steven M. Jones <smj@eris.crash.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/31/1995 17:18:55
On Sun, 31 Dec 1995 18:50:12 -0500
 "Steven M. Jones" <smj@eris.Crash.COM> wrote:

 > . NetBSD/i386 has a ton of installation/configuration scripts. Should be
 >   possible to adapt them to NetBSD/pmax.

Well, the NetBSD/i386 installation tools .. suck.  The ones I wrote for
the hp300's miniroot (and were adapted to the sparc for 1.1, too) are a
little better in that there's a bit of automation just about everywhere
(though, I'll be the first to admit that mine could use some improvement
as well...).  Paul Krananburg and I are working on making them as
machine-independent as possible, so it may be really easy to adapt them
to the pmax "soon".  (They should be pretty easy to adapt now...)