Subject: Re: New binary (user-level) snapshot
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Shayde <shevett@pilot.njin.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/27/1995 09:40:22
On this thread, I need to ask something.

I have a DS5100 that I'm getting more and more miffed at, cuz DEC's
policies for licensing Ultrix are neanderthal at best.  I'd have to
fork over close to $3500 to get reasonable functionality for a machine
I bought at a flea market for $400.

So... I'm really keen on getting Netbsd running on the 5100.  I've heard
tell that the port can't be completed without getting some specific
information from DEC.  I can work on this, but what do I need to get
from DEC?  Processor specs?  Hardware print sheets?

I have a few contacts DECwards, so lemme know, and lets see if I can
make this go.

(and boy - if I can keep my Prestoserve card enabled, that'd be great,
but hey, that'd be icing on the cake. :)

One whose existence relies heavily                  Shayde - Dave Shevett
on the solidity of others.                         shevett@pilot.njin.net