Subject: pmax on 3100 problems with 1.1 miniroot
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Toby S Brinck <tbrinck@isc.sjsu.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/06/1995 13:51:41
Good day,
	I have just inherited 6 DEC Station 3100's which include (2) RZ56
hard drives per expansion unit, 65 Mb RAM, 20 in. color RGB monitor.
NetBSD was the only way to keep these machines from being trashed, but I
am having some problems with the inital installation.

	I loaded Ultrix 4.2, made the disklabel on the first RZ56 for 7
partions.  dd'd the 1.1 miniroot to the disk and it did/does boot just
great. Actually I am quite extatic.  The problem I have is one mentioned
before about the 'mount' command, except mine doesn't give me a fs error
it gives me a Segmentation Fault error.  I also can not get the system to
nfs mount my linux box.  I really have no way of knowing if the ethernet
is working or not.  I have used the ifconfig, route, etc..

	I really don't want to go back and re-install Ultrix to re-dd the
older miniroot.  If anyone can give me any help I would be very happy.

thanx.

Toby Brinck
tbrinck@isc.sjsu.edu

Assistant Network Adminstrator