Subject: Re: problem installing 1.1
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ed Jones <ejones@sdl.psych.wright.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/30/1995 14:45:19
> In message <199511301442.JAA08572@serov.isds.duke.edu>, Andrew Gallatin writes:
> >Bascially, no matter what kernel I use ( kernel from miniroot,
> >gennetbsd.aout, arz2netbsd.aout, and dbg.rz2.aout) all grabbed from
> >ftp.netbsd.org), it loads the kernel and gets all the way to 'copy out
> >(something) for init' & hangs.
>
> After you extracted the 1.1 distribution, did you populate /dev with
> the MAKEDEV script? I've never installed on a pmax, but I think I've
> had that problem before on other platforms when I forgot to make the
> devices, and it hangs when it can't find the console... someone else
> feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. :)

No, this was the exact problem I had a few months ago when I first
installed NetBSD on my 3min. Make sure the /dev is populated.

* Ed Jones --  System Dweeb           |     ejones@sdl.psych.wright.edu    *
* Signal Detection Lab                |     ejones@desire.wright.edu       *
* Department of Psychology            |     ejones@wsu  (Bitnet)           *
* Ed Jones -- Graduate Student        | This is your world in which we     *
* Department of Economics	      |	grow, and we will grow to hate you *
* Wright State University             |                                    *