Subject: X works!
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <gord@engg.ucalgary.ca>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/24/1995 15:05:23
Hi, all!

I got X working on /dev/cfb0.  I'm using the X11R6 clients from
ftp.netbsd.org, and the X11R5 Xcfbpmax server that Arne compiled.

I needed to download the R5 /store/lib/X11/fonts/misc directory, since
the R5 server didn't like the ones from X11R6.  The rest of the font
directories work fine, though.

Significant URLs:

<URL:ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/x11r6-clients.tar.gz>
<URL:ftp://ftp.unit.no/pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/X11R5>

(... and the fonts from R6, which I happened to have on CD-ROM.)

This is what I did for /dev/mouse:
cd /dev
mknod fb0 c 86 0
mv mouse mouse.old
ln -s fb0 mouse

Now all I have to do is start collecting X binaries.  But first, I'd
like to help out with shared libraries, if I can. :)

I've made a tarfile of my working setup, with a brief README, if
anybody wants to have it (or if they'll put it up for FTP in some
contrib directory)...

Have fun!

--Gord

--
   Gord Matzigkeit    |    This is my NetBSD development account
gord@engg.ucalgary.ca |  Please send mail to gord@enci.ucalgary.ca