Subject: Mounting disks on pmax -current
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ben Cottrell <benco@ucsee.EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/09/1995 23:19:00
I'm having some trouble with -current ksrc (both yesterday's and
the day before yesterday's had the same problem). I've configured
it using NEWCONF with as few changes as possible (just increasing
maxusers and changing the root and swap configuration).

The symptom is that / mounts read-write fine, but /usr (the g
partition on the same disk) does not:
# mount -a
ufs: /dev/rz0g on /usr: Operation not supported by device

This is on a 3100, and the disk in question is a DEC RZ55.

Does anyone know what the problem is here? I've read the appropriate
man pages, and verified with dumpfs that the two filesystems are
of the same type.

	-ben