Subject: rcons depth problem on mono 3100s...
To: None <mellon@fugue.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/18/1995 17:25:17
>That's exactly what's happening - it doesn't know about
>eight-pixels-per-byte framebuffers.  I don't think anybody's tried to
>get it working on a monochrome pmax yet.  It shouldn't be *too* hard
>to make it work...
>
>                               _MelloN_

Thirty seconds' using-the-source shows that the raster_op library
doesn't support eight-to-one bitblits; just one-to-eight,
and one-to-one and eight-to-eight.

The pmax "qvss"  font is an eight-bit-deep font, and a 3100 mono
framebuffer is eight one-bit pixels per byte.  I'd guess
that blitting the "qvss" font into that framebuffer needs
an eight-to-one blit. (I'm just guessing, of course.)

I guess Ted's definition of "*too* hard" and mine are different :).