Subject: Re: Configuring kernels
To: Jeremy C. McDermond <mcdermj@PEAK.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/18/1995 17:09:18
>Yeah - I've done a lot of this so it compiles at least, I plan on doing some
>send-pr's for them as soon as I can verify that they work, and seeing if I
>can get a PMAX kernel definition into the tree.

I'd like to see the changes and associated config file.

I would advocate against creating a config file called
arch/pmax/conf/PMAX.  I really don't like the way the name "pmax" is
overloaded, meaning both the NetBSD/pmax (Decstation/Decsystem) port,
and a specific model of DECstation. Having a kernel config called
"PMAX" just makes that worse, IMHO.